Friday, June 22, 2012

Sharpie Mugs

So, I am going to start with saying I have not yet washed the mugs in the dishwasher... because I am nervous! :)  I want my friends to see them before I find out if the Sharpie really does stay on.  I will comment soon to let you know the results on if they really are dishwasher safe!

What you need:
Sharpies ~ More fun if you have multiple colors
Oven ~ Preheat to 350*
Mugs~ If using color Sharpies you probably want white, but if just using black then any color
       Also, the mugs need to be able to go in the oven, most porcelain is safe... or so it said on Pinterest.
       I got my mugs for $3.50 at Walmart.  I went to the $1 Store, but they were all flawed mugs.  Walmart had some cheaper ones, but I liked this one better.

What do you do:

  1. Preheat oven = 350*
  2. Wash the mugs before getting crafty
  3. Decorate your mug(s)
  4. Stick them in the oven for 30 minutes, I did about 40 to be safe ;)
  5. Let them cool completely before washing or using
  6. Enjoy giving as a gift or keeping for yourself!

Andy bought me this AWESOME pack of Sharpies a while back!


Some of the pink flower faded... not sure why


another angle... Not showing the names yet, although she probably knows who she is ;)


Left a signature.  This also shows the mug is dishwasher safe and oven safe.




1 comment:

  1. So, are you washed your mug in a dishwasher? I'm brazilian and find your tut. My result look so good! But have just 1 day!!! Wath the result after the mounths??
    Sorry for the english.

    ReplyDelete